The ActiveCampaign email marketing add-on adds an option for your customers to join your ActiveCampaign email list during checkout.
After purchasing, download the add-on to your computer. The plugin will be in the form of a zip file. Login to your WordPress admin and go to Plugins. Then click Add New. Then click Upload. Click Choose File and browse to the add-on file on your computer. Finally click Install Now.
Be sure to Activate the plugin after the upload is complete.
Locate the settings for this add-on via WordPress admin –> Downloads –> Settings –> Misc. Then enter your API URL, API Key, and List ID for ActiveCampaign. Finally set a Checkout Label and click Save Settings.
Emails are not added to a list selected in the Download’s Per-Product ListsMost likely, the customer did not opt-in upon checkout. If opt-in is not selected, then an email will not be added to the default list or the per-product list(s). If opt-in is selected at checkout, the email address will be added to the default list and any other per-product lists that might be selected.
You can use Zapier to add your customer’s emails to your ActiveCampaign lists after they make a purchase on your Easy Digital Downloads shop. Here’s how:
1. Make sure you have the Zapier extension for EDD installed and activated. See primary setup documentation for instructions on how to connect Easy Digital Downloads to Zapier.
3. Click “Make a Zap” at the top of your Zapier account.
4. For the “Trigger”, search for “Easy Digital Downloads”.
5. We will now be presented with a list of triggers. Since we want to add the customer to our Active Campaign list when a new order is placed, we will select New Order.
6. Click “Save and Continue” at the bottom of the page.
7. Click “Connect a new account” to authenticate your EDD shop in your Zapier account. To do so, follow the steps outlined in this article.
8. Click the + button on the left sidebar between steps 1 and 2. Then click “Filter”.
9. Set the Filter to “only continue if”.
– From the first field select “Products”.– From the second field select “Contains”.– From the third field type in the name of your product
10. Now, go to the “Action” steps (which is step 2) and under “Choose an app” search for “Active Campaign”.
11. Choose “Add/Update Contact” as the action.
12. Click “Connect a new account” to connect your Active Campaign account:
13. Enter your API URL and Key from your Active Campaign account:
14. After you saved the API URL and Key in Zapier, it will ask you to fill out the options for the List you want to add new customers to and their email. To do that, simply select “Customer Email” in the Email field. If you haven’t created the right list in Active Campaign yet, go to your active campaign and set that up before doing this step. If you’d like, you can also set it to pull the First and Last name of the customer from EDD.
15. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Continue”, run the test, and you should see a “Successful” message.
16. Click “Finish”, name your zap, and that’s it! Now, new customers in your EDD shop will automatically be added to your Active Campaign list.
Powered by BetterDocs